Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Who Does God Use to Show His Glory?

Christine Caine "Fools for Christ"

Read these words from the New Testament

New International Version (NIV)
And so it was with me, brothers and sisters. When I came to you, I did not come with eloquence or human wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness with great fear and trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power. (1 Corinthians 2:2-5)

The author explained that he did not come to them as the hot shot from LA., Denver or New York. But instead he determined to be the man who knew nothing at all. He spoke and served in weakness and even trembling. So, how was he able to be so effective?

How do you do what you do? Are the over confident man or woman that knows it all? Are you the arrogant person that knows so much more than anyone else in the world? One of the most powerful men in the world of the Bible is the Apostle Paul. His posture was to serve in the power of God and not to lean on his own abilities. This my desire. To be the ordinary man willing to surrender his all to God's plan. I desire to be an ordinary person doing extraordinary work for the Awesome God.

1 comment:

Disciplemaker said...

If not for Christ, then who else? Thanks for the read.
Russell